Monday, March 19, 2012

The Brownie That Changed My Life

This is the brownie that changed my life.
Literally.
Somedays are THOSE kind of days.
The days where I collapse in the comfy chair at the babies' nap time.
And yearn for a Dr. Pepper.
Or an entire bag of miniature peanut butter cups.
Or something crunchy and cheesy and neon orange.
This brownie is the buffer zone between me and a food choice I don't really want anyway.
It's delicious and fast and perfect for the 10 minute window I have before laundry folding must begin.
One minute.
5 ingredients.
Heaven in a bowl.
(And because I use organic, real food ingredients I don't feel the teensiest bit guilty.)

1 Minute Whole Wheat Brownie:

2 TBSP melted butter or coconut oil*
4 TBSP whole wheat pastry flour*
4 TBSP sucunat*
2 TBSP cocoa powder
2 TBSP water
Dash of salt (optional)
Teensy splash of vanilla (optional)
Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
Microwave safe mug or small bowl (I use a very small Pyrex one)

1. Melt butter or coconut oil in the microwave safe mug or bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients minus the chocolate chips and stir until blended.
3. Top with a sprinkling of chocolate chips.
4. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Your brownie may still look wet in some places. That's okay. It sets up as it cools. Add 15 seconds of you think it's too wet.
5. Allow the brownie to cool. Eat with a spoon.
6. Happily fold laundry.

*You can always sub vegetable oil for the butter or coconut oil, white flour for wheat, sugar for sucunat...it will be just as tasty but not as wholesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment