Friday, February 24, 2012

Where There Is Smoke...

...There wasn't actually a fire. But when I opened the door, the house was filled with smoke. And it was really poor timing for the house to be filled with smoke:
A) Because Carson had informed me,"Ready pee!" several times on the way home from the store.
B) And Livie woke up from her nap as soon as I put her in the car and cried all the way home to be fed.
Soooo...this was not the best time for the house to be filled with smoke.
But it was.
And I was very afraid.
But come to find out, it wasn't a fire.
And thank God it wasn't a fire.
Sometimes you need something in your day to remind you to stop being so inconvenienced and start being grateful. The kids were a little wet and hungry but they were just fine.
It was this:
A sippy cup that fell down on the dishwasher's heating element.
It still smells smoky in the house and I've run the dishes twice to get the smell of burnt plastic out.
But I'll take that over a fire any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment