Thursday, January 12, 2012

Number of the week and a Helicopter

Our number of the week next week is 11. I made it out of foam, googly eyes and stuck some Velcro on the back. (If you are wondering why there's more eyes on one than the other, it's to demonstrate place value. I know, I know, he's only 22 months old but the teacher in me couldn't help it. Plus, when he is old enough to learn place value I'll have a set of numbers ready to go!)



Googly eyes are just more fun to count than dots! And it gives a number much more personality.
It almost looks like a little critter.



And here is 11 on my fancy smancy learning board. I'll post our letter of the week tomorrow.


Okay, and this is just random: This little helicopter was 97 cents at Walmart and it made an awesome project for Art Time. A fun way to teach parts of a helicopter and practice fine motor skills with the paint brush.






No comments:

Post a Comment