Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Learning Board

This is one of those projects where I've seen something on the Internet and thought, "I could totally do that...and maybe even better!" And so I've made this pretty fantastic Learning Board.

What is a Learning Board?
It's a display board you can use during Learning Time to post items you plan on learning for the week. For example, a weekly letter, number, shape, color and vocabulary focus are what will we be putting on the learning board.

What does Learning Time Look like?For my 22 month old Learning Time is a specific time of the day (usually before lunch) where I set aside a few minutes (about 10) to focus on some specific things I want my son to learn through the week. Its where I introduce the concept and we extend learning throughout the day.

What you will need:
A display board (like you use for the Science Fair)
Felt, foam, construction paper or whatever you choose to cover the board with
Glue or adhesive spray

I made mine using felt. And I'll post more later on the items that will go on the board using Velcro.

No comments:

Post a Comment